Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to School Quotes



It is that time of year again. Pencils, pens, paper, notebooks, crayons, markers, backpacks, and so on are just waiting to be purchased for back to school. I am an adorer of quotes, so I thought I would share a few of my favorite quotes for Back-to-school time!

"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers." ~Edgar W. Howe

"The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows." ~Sydney J. Harris

"I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework." ~Lily Tomlin as "Edith Ann"
"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder." ~Ralph W. Sockman

"A professor is someone who talks in someone else's sleep." ~W.H. Auden
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." ~Walker Percy

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." ~Attributed to both Andy McIntyre and Derek Bok

"Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire." ~William Butler Yeats

"You learn something every day if you pay attention." ~Ray LeBlond


I could quite possibly go on and on...

These are just a few quotes I enjoy with the "Back to School" theme. Happy reading, happy writing, and happy back to school!




Copyright (c) Emily D. Wood
Quotes via Quote Garden

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! My favorite:
    "Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire."

    ReplyDelete